• Financial Aid
  • Commonly Asked Questions

    How can I settle my bill?  

    You may remit cash, check/money order or MasterCard/Discover and American Express are accepted by utilizing your CUNY Portal account for the amount due. Visa card will no longer be accepted. Credit cards will no longer be accepted at the Bursar Window.

    Be sure to write the last four digits of your social security number and the semester on the front of your check or money order made payable to "LaGuardia Community College". The Bursar’s office will provide you with a receipt for the amount paid. Do not remit cash through the mail or the drop box located outside the Bursar Office. Students whose checks are returned by the bank will be subject to a $15.00 reprocessing fee, and will be required to make all subsequent payments by cash or certified checks.

    What if I cannot pay my entire balance? 

    The City University of New York has contracted with an outside agency, Tuition Pay (TuitionPay), to administer a tuition payment plan to students.

    There is only an $18.00 enrollment fee for TuitionPay. By applying early, payments can be spread over five months beginning in July for the Fall semester and beginning in December for the Spring semester.

    During regular registration, TutionPay representatives will be on campus near the Bursar’s window (C110) to assist you with questions regarding the payment plan.

    Further information can be obtained by calling TuitionPay at 1-800-635-0120 or via their website: TuitionPay 

    What happens if I joined TuitionPay and my financial aid is approved afterward? 

    Once your financial aid is approved by the college and the financial aid awards are sufficient to pay the rest of your tuition balance, you may contact TuitionPay to cancel your plan. There is no penalty.

    How can I settle my bill with a Third Party Voucher? 

    To settle your bill by this method, obtain a voucher from your employer or sponsor and present it at the time of bill payment. Third party vouchers are applicable only when the college is authorized to directly bill the company. Employee reimbursement plans are not considered third party.

    Where do I file for a refund? 

    If you are filing a TAP refund or tuition refund application, you need to file the application at the Bursar’s window located in Room C110.

    What happens if I fail to settle my bill by the due date?  

    Your registration will be cancelled. A late registration fee ($25) may be charged to re-register. To avoid having your course(s) cancelled, remember to settle your bill by the due date. The Bursar’s Office staff is available to assist you with any questions you have concerning your bill payment.

    Where is the Bursar's Office located? 

    It is located in the Main Building room C110, across from the Bookstore. For more information click here.

  • Financial Aid Video
    Financial Aid Video
  • Download Forms Thumbnail
    Download Forms
  • Contact Financial Aid
    Contact Financial Aid